Thursday, March 15, 2012

INSPIRATION

Recently, I have been sharing recipes with some of my fellow weight management gurus.  In fact, it was them that told me to start a blog and share with the world.   It was this meal that prompted my friends.  And it was a lack of food in my house that prompted this recipe.

"Scarborough Fair" Seasoned Stuffed Tomato.

3 eggwhites
1 large tomato - sliced in halve, then "gutted."  keep the meat, discard the juices/seeds.
roasted red peppers - sliced
asparagus
Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme - to taste.
Parmesan Cheese - just a pinch, to taste

Preheat the oven to 400
Gut the tomato and in a small bowl mix the eggwhites with the meat of the tomato, red peppers, Parmesan and asparagus.
Line a baking sheet with your favorite liner (I like silpat)
Pour the egg mixture into the tomatoes.

Put in the oven for 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment