Friday, March 23, 2012

SO, THIS AVOCADO WALKS INTO A SPA....

One of my very favorite healthy eats is Kale.  I now seem to incorporate it into every salad I make.  Often, Kale is the base of my entire salad.  I like the crunchiness, I like the sharpness (especially when you add raisins for sweetness and balsamic vinegar for tang).   But I never knew that Kale and I have a secret love in common....

...the massage.

Who knew that we should be massaging avocado into the kale leaves?  It takes out some of the bitterness and adds a whole new level of flavor to the gorgeous green leaf.   All you need is a little lemon juice, kale and avocado... then get your hands messy.

After the massage, you'll want to let the kale rest for a few minutes (sound familiar?) and then the leaves will return to that vibrant green. 

Have fun.  And happy, healthy eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment